Privacy & Legal
Last updated: August 8, 2016
1. Core Principles
When you use the Site, we collect the following information, and use it only as described below:
2.2. Communications With Us. When you send us emails or other communications, such as customer support inquiries, we maintain those communications and their contents so that we can resolve your inquiries or otherwise assist you.
2.3. Usage Information. This includes information about your activity on and interaction with the Site, such as your IP address, your device or browser type, the webpage you visited before coming to our site and identifiers associated with your devices. This information enables us to analyze how the Site is being accessed and used, and to track performance of the Site.
2.4. Location Information. Your devices (depending on your settings) may transmit location information to the Site. We use this information to customize, improve and protect the Site. For example, we may use your location information to determine local language preferences, or to geotag a post.
When you use the Site, we may share your information only as described below:
3.1. Third Parties. We can give third parties access to your information on the Site. For example, you we may use a third party newsletter service that requires access to your email addresses, in order for that newsletter service to send emails on our behalf and at your direction. Just remember that such third party’s use of this information will be governed by the terms and privacy policies of the third party.
3.2. Following The Law. We may disclose your information to third parties if we determine that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with the law, protect our rights or prevent fraud or abuse of the Site or our users. When we receive law enforcement or national security requests for information, we strongly believe in privacy and transparency. We scrutinize such requests carefully and challenge vague, overbroad or otherwise unlawful requests. And when legally permitted, we provide our users with notice that their information is being requested. This notice is provided so that you have the opportunity to challenge such requests.
While no service is completely secure, we have a security team dedicated to keeping your information safe. We employ security measures such as using firewalls to protect against intruders, building redundancies throughout our network (so that if one server goes down, another can cover for it) and testing for and protecting against network vulnerabilities. Payment information is transmitted using HTTPS encryption, and we maintain a PCI DSS certification.
We may periodically email you site-related announcements. We'll also send you emails related to your transactions. We may also send you marketing or promotional communications, but you can opt out of receiving subsequent marketing or promotional communications by clicking the link marked unsubscribe (or a similar phrasing) that’s included in those communications.
7. Privacy Shield
7.1. Compliance. The site complies with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use and retention of personal information transferred from the European Union to the United States (“EU Personal Data”). We’ve certified to the Department of Commerce that we adhere to the Privacy Shield Principles and, assuming our certification is approved, you’ll be able to find it here. You can learn more about Privacy Shield by visiting https://www.privacyshield.gov/.
7.3. Inquiries And Disputes. If you have questions you believe to be within the scope of our Privacy Shield certification, please contact us first at here and we'll respond within 45 days.
9. Copyright & Trademarks
All Content on the site is protected by the copyright regulations currently in force. The User shall not have the right to appropriate, reproduce, change, translate, distribute, publish or use in any form, even partially, the Content of the Site for purposes other than fulfilling his/her contractual obligations with the Owner.
Trademarks and/or any other distinctive mark present on the Site are owned by Patricia Benfield© and/or other parties and cannot, in any case and for any reason, be used without written permission from the respective owner.
The documentation, images, characters, graphics, software and all other content on the Site, as well as all code and format script, are the property of Patricia Benfield© or third parties and are protected by the corresponding applicable regulations.
The www.patriciabenfield.com website is the property of Patricia Benfield© with registered offices at Oaxaca, Mexico.
- Opting Out. You can set your browser to not accept cookies, but this may limit your ability to use the Site. We currently don’t respond to DNT:1 signals from browsers visiting our Site. You can also opt out of receiving interest-based ads from certain ad networks here (or if located in the European Union, here).
Device Identifiers. We use device identifiers to track, analyze and improve the performance of the Site.
- All of the web pages that make up the www.patriciabenfield.com website (hereinafter the "Site") have been made available for the sole purpose of providing information to Users.
- The information and material published on the Site (hereinafter the "Content") is carefully checked so that it is free from as many errors as possible but this does not guarantee a total lack of imprecision or inaccuracy. What's more, this does not guarantee that the Content is complete, correct and updated.
- Patricia Benfield© constantly strives to ensure that the information on its Site is correct. However, it does not guarantee that all available information is exact, complete and updated. Patricia Benfield© shall not be held responsible for any direct or indirect damage of any nature resulting from use of its Site.
- Access to the Site is optional and the User, by browsing web pages that do not require registration, declares to accept the application of all applicable regulations in force in the US. The Owner of the Site reserves the right to change, add or remove any or all Content as well as suspend, interrupt or limit access to the Site or its Content at any time and without notice at its incontestable discretion.
- Without prejudice to the binding limits of the law, the User recognizes that he/she uses the site at his/her own and exclusive responsibility. Content is provided "as is" and "as available". Any guarantee from the Owner of the Site, explicit and/or implicit, is expressly excluded. The Owner of the Site does not guarantee that the Site will be accessible without interruption.
- It is expressly forbidden to display the Site via framing, deep link or mirroring.